- Introduction wwiaf.org (the “Site”) is operated by Wounded Warriors in Action Foundation Inc., wwiaf.org
- Personal Information You may be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may be collected from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit the Site, register on the Site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources made available on wwiaf.org anonymously as Personal Information will only be collected from users if they voluntarily submit such information. Users can always refuse to supply Personal Information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities. Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site, such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this data.
- Communications We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information. Wounded Warriors in Action Foundation Inc operates an email list used to inform subscribers about information relevant to the Site as well as products and services supplied by Wounded Warriors in Action Foundation email newsletter program by emailing such a request to [email protected] Wounded Warriors in Action Foundation Inc may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include but are not limited to; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity. In compliance with applicable laws, subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable, clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will be detailed instead.
- Third Party Websites and External Links Although wwiaf.org only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to be cautious before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this Site. The owners of wwiaf.org cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and wwiaf.org and Wounded Warriors in Action Foundation cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
- Social Media Communication, engagement and actions made on external social media platforms that Wounded Warriors in Action Foundation Inc may participate on are made pursuant to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Be advised that Wounded Warriors in Action Foundation will never ask for your personal or sensitive information through a social media platform. WWIAF.ORG may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
- Cookies Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, wwiaf.org uses “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Site.
- Security The security of your Personal Information is extremely important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, Wounded Warriors in Action Foundation and wwiaf.org cannot guarantee its absolute security.